Eugene Buchanan: author, editor, marketing/PR, speaker
A former reporter for the Denver Business Journal and 14-year publisher and editor-in-chief of Paddler magazine, Eugene Buchanan has written about the outdoors for more than 25 years, from covering the X Games for ESPN.com to working for NBC at the Beijing Olympics. A member of New York’s prestigious Explorer’s Club, his articles have appeared such publications as the New York Times, National Geographic Adventure, Men's Journal, Sports Afield, Outside, Forbes Life, Skiing, Bike and more. A talented PR specialist, copywriter and speaker, he is also the author of five books: Brothers on the Bashkaus (2007); Outdoor Parents, Outdoor Kids (2010); Ultimate Canoe & Kayak Adventures (2013); Comrades on the Colca (2016), and Tales from a Mountain Town (2017). The editor for Swift Communications’ magazine division in Steamboat Springs, Colo., he lives with his wife, Denise, and daughters, Brooke and Casey, a block away from his beloved Yampa River.
- Statistician/Announcer Support, NBC, Beijing Olympics, 2008
- Host “This is Steamboat” television series and The Morning Show, 2008-2015 (RSN/Steamboat TV18)
- Script writer, Outside Television/Resort Sports Network, 2009
- Host/Script Writer, Paddling Life Invitational (RSN/Steamboat TV18), 2006-2009
- Narrator/Script Writer, half-hour Paddler magazine TV series, 2005
- Media Director, World Pro Mogul Tour (TV Interviews/Media Relations), 1989-1993
Tales From A Mountain Town: Musings From 25 years of Living in the Colorado Rockies
A collection of humorous and lighthearted essays from award-winning writer and author Eugene Buchanan centered around 25 years of living in the mountainous environment of Steamboat Springs, Colorado. A must for anyone already living in or thinking about moving to a mountain town.
- Reviews | Price: $18.50 includes shipping
Tales From A Mountain Town was made possible by these fine sponsors: